return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Leopard Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Plated Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Cricket virus closes another farm

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: Moonstone at Sun Jun 27 09:37:29 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Moonstone ]  

I thinik for the time it takes you to get adult worms they are not worth it. I am going to start a colony for mini supers, but they take forever to raise to adults. You have to force beetles, each adult only lays a limited number of eggs, so you need tons of them. I have a hard time keeping them hydrated because of the dryness of the desert. If you let them get thursty , they eat each othere. Compared to roaches, they are too high maintenence. I would rather just buy adults. Being said 1000 adults is the same price as 1000 minis, so i will raise my own. I have also cultured wax worms, and again itis easier to buy them. I may try them again this fall though. One day I had a container of hundreds, and what seemed like over night, there was nothing but mold. Have no idea what happend. Dry food and worms one day, next day the contiainer was soaking wet and moldy.

Roaches, look in the bins, if they have water crystals and food, your good to go. Yes you have to clean out the bottom of the bin every month or so, but so much easier to get a good healthy clean yeald.
-----
www.moonstonedragons.com

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  2010 leathers - Zamboni, Wed Jun 23 07:26:16 2010
<< Previous topic:  My beardie - herpenthusiast, Tue Jun 22 15:33:32 2010