return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fire Skink . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Exo Terra vs. Zoo Med

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: DreamWorks at Wed Jul 7 01:11:17 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DreamWorks ]  

My two biggest healthiest females dragons are thriving in that enclosure with that bulb at that distance.

One of which is...

Pancake:

She has had the power sun 125 at that distance for nearly two months. In the morning she basks in the light for two hours to warm up. Then she sits on top of that log. Out on top of it facing toward the light sunning herself just like she was doing when I took that shot. She goes into the log to hide and sometimes relaxes there. She gets weekly baths. That bulb is perfect there. Produces exactly what Im looking for uvb and heat production for my summer simulation. I phase them down too. They are in a hot phase. Eventually they will get a cool down phase.

I think the problem is that your not putting the dragon close enough to the bulb itself.

The enclosure my dragon is in is over four feet long.

I can stick my hand underneath it at 4 inches... it is not even that hot when it's been running all day.

Pancake is more ravenous and healthy now then she has ever been with that light.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Exo Terra vs. Zoo Med - DreamWorks, Wed Jul 7 01:12:35 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Exo Terra vs. Zoo Med - chris allen, Tue Jul 6 19:51:40 2010