return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: You can relax somewhat...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: JLSReptiles2011 at Thu Jul 15 08:11:08 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by JLSReptiles2011 ]  

Ok, I may have said somethings that bad mouthed them. I was just being concerned about the animals going to stores that have little or no experience with reptiles and what I thought was they were going to add more animals to an already for the most part an “I don't know, just do this or that” type of attitude or situation. I have offered my help and I have put in applications trying to work with them. I even put in the special skills section of the application that I have 16 years of experience and knowledge with reptiles. Believe me I can sit and talk to someone for 30 minutes, an hour or more. Share my stories with them and give them info. I love reptiles and snakes most of all and get so excited talking about them to other people that while talking my body starts mildly trembling and my jaw starts doing the same and it sounds like I am trying to talk while my teeth are chattering. I would love nothing more than to eat, sleep, crap, pee and drink reptiles all day, every day and get paid for it. It's my calling. Just every where I go that has reptiles isn't hiring because they don't need anyone else, but I still put in an app. I'm sure there are others out there like me that work at these stores. Bravo to them for being a great help. I can't say that just because they are a big chain pet store, “That I sympathize or empathize with them on the care of the animals”, when the store managers should take it upon themselves to look up in the phone or on the internet and find a pet store that specializes in reptiles. So when they do have a problem they can call and say, “Hey I have this .... and I'm having a problem with it not doing this. What do you suggest?” I know this may sound like a perfect world scenario, but it doesn't have to be when the store manager is working. It could be when he/she is off and about to leave or when they get home. Just a suggestion. I am however sorry for bad mouthing and do intend on speaking with the store manager the next time I go to PetsMart so I can offer my help with any problems or questions they have.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: You can relax somewhat... - WALL2WALLREPTILE, Thu Jul 15 02:19:31 2010