return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

A NEW LINE OF CRYSTAL!!!!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: panhead at Wed Jul 14 19:32:04 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by panhead ]  

Back in 04 or 05 I got in a group of ball pythons. One of the males kinda looked like a mojave. I decided to keep this one back and I called it "mojavish" just for clarification in my racks. I bred this snake to some normals in 07 to see what would be produced. Some of the babies looked a little like the male so I kept all of them back as "dinker" project. I also lost the original male in 08. Well this past/current breeding season I had a male of size so I bred him to a mojave female just to see if there was something there. I checked the clutch last saturday and about flipped. I see a head sticking out that looks almost like a crystal. On sunday it came out and I had a second one slit that was also a crystal looking snake. I contacted Tom Baker about this and I believe that the snakes that I was calling "mojavish" are actually another line of specials. So now I have another line of crystals that I will be calling TCR crystals. I didn't want to call them something else as there are already enough different names for the same snake. Tom and I both agree that if it's the same then keep it the same just diffierntiate (SP) the line rather than creating some new name for something that already exists. I also have eggs incubating from my Baker crystal to a super mojave that should be out in a week or so. So we'll see if they look the same out of the egg. Oh, I also got a set of twin mojaves out of that clutch.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: A NEW LINE OF CRYSTAL!!!!!! - ajfreptiles, Wed Jul 14 19:38:09 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: A NEW LINE OF CRYSTAL!!!!!! - jaymiller242, Wed Jul 14 19:51:29 2010
>> Next Message:  AMAZING!!! CONGRATS! n/p - cmac107, Wed Jul 14 19:58:59 2010
>> Next Message:  GOOD! - JYohe, Wed Jul 14 20:03:16 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: A NEW LINE OF CRYSTAL!!!!!! - jsschrei, Wed Jul 14 20:15:31 2010