return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Here's A Photo Of His Sister

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: FGS at Thu Jul 15 08:36:25 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by FGS ]  

Xavier,

I believe the gold blush, the silver and black and another line I've founded the buckskin line are all products of selective breeding.

I was very fortunate to have started out with an acceptional mojave that I purchased from Dan and Colette, that was hand picked by their ex partner and my good friend Dwayne Richard back in 2004. Dan and Colette had a great eye for quality normals way back in the beginning. I give them a huge amount of credit for putting the effort into carefully selecting the normals they introduced into their projects. I'd like to think that I've carried on with that tradition.

I honestly think the lines of mojaves I'm working with are a product of selective breeding. I plan on taking these lines into other morphs to try and re-define them. The gold blush line has an awesome effect on everything it touches. What is mind bogeling to me is the quality of the normals I'm producing from these mojave clutches. I've branded them as gold blush normals and my customers are beginning to ask for them by name.

Here is a photo of the patriarch male mojave that I purchased from the Southerlands. Like I said my hat goes off to the Southerlands for placing the focus on the quality of normals they used when starting this and other projects.

-----
Brian Gundy

www.for-goodness-snakes.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Here's A Photo Of His Sister - ExcessiveHerps, Thu Jul 15 05:28:15 2010