return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Python . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: More Pastel Superstripes

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: anthony james mc at Wed Sep 22 21:06:38 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by anthony james mc ]  

Nice stuff you have there Albey! I could have had pics like that to share (my quality pics however so they would differ some lol) but my female Super Stripe decided to lay nothing but 7 slugs this year , bummer as she was bred to a nice Pastel Ivory. He's plenty fertile too and has sired other perfect clutches. We Win some and we lose some , part of the risk we always take and often times take for granted I guess. First time clutches ALWAYS worry me a little ya know. I have another female Super Stripe that was also bred to the same Pastel Ivory, she was smaller so started breeding her later so not sure where she is even at actually , no ultrasound (need to get one of them from Grant , he's got nice ones and they aren't expensive or oversized either)guess she lays when she is ready . Maybe she will go late or next year even, not to worried about it actually.

I do on the other hand have a really smoking nice male Super Stripe produced from one of my customers who bought a Whirlwind off of me and later sold me back a male SS he had made, and that SS has been breeding well lately. He also started late (mid summer-- just about 1 yr old) and has been locked up with a couple thick Ivory girls over the summer! Heck maybe something will develop out of it, seems late but if they are fat and receptive I see no harm in breeding them , late is better than never.. right !

Take care Albey,
Anthony McCain
McCain Reptiles

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: More Pastel Superstripes - LucaDG, Thu Sep 23 03:58:18 2010

<< Previous Message:  More Pastel Superstripes - Albey, Wed Sep 22 11:54:32 2010