return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Reptile House

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cage & Habitat Design ]

Posted by: Bighurt at Mon Nov 1 14:10:32 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bighurt ]  

Good to see you back on the forums.

I knew you had considered the cabin, but I had no idea you had considered an RV as a solution.

That being said I have no idea how that would work on your property...

Regardless you made very valid points.

I did consider an remodeled RV to suit my needs or the needs of other as previously mentioned further down the page. In my situation an RV is just not the practical solution.

One reason in part is that we already have a 36' RV on the property combine that with two very large trucks a small 1 ton trailer flat deck utility trailer, and that I'm trying to finance a 20' contracting trailer. There is just simply two much on the property already. Although to move the project previously mentioned I'd have to get a 30' goose-neck (want one anyways)

The second issue beyond the parking lot we already have is that modifying and insulating an older RV will be quite the chore. Most RV's are not the best insulated units as they aren't meant to be used year round. Compile that with other issues found in older rv's particularly stick and tin models, it would just be easier to build a facility.

The fact that my current home and all other future homes have no home owners association, only laws of the city itself. None of which limit the building of an outbuilding just the placement and inspection of during construction. Their are homeowner associations up here but as a potential buyer we typically don' look at homes with them. I have some interesting situations that fall outside of the rules of use for most homes...

I do agree the evacuation of the entire collection would be nice, however the safety of the occupants and the tying of the cages to the unit may almost be self defeating. Would be a harsh lesson if all was for not...

You are correct most of the threads on DIY SIP's recommend a vacuum press. However they also specify 6 psi is suitable for clamping. For a product that only needs clamping power applied evenly to two sides, I just don't see the benefit to building a vacuum press. And adding the use of one to the build just seams like much needed additional work. Particularly because of the products being used in the SIP construction, EPS and OSB are by themselves fairly rigid combined with a thin layer of contact cement. Assemble is equal to that of a PB&J sandwich by use of a sandwich press.

Injection molding is far more complex, and requires a significant amount of equipment.

I agree they need to lengthen the automatic time out function on KS, for long posts I copy and paste to word before posting just in case KS decided it took to long to write...LOL
-----
Jeremy Payne
JB Reptile

1.0 Snow "Kahl"
0.2 Triple Het Moonglow "Kahl"
0.1 Orange Tail Hypo Het Leopard
1.0 Ghost
0.1 DH Ghost
1.1 "Kahl" Albino
1.0.2 Hypomelenistic
1.3 Pastel Hypo
0.1 Anerthrystic
0.0.2 Normal

0.0.2 Morelia Viridis
1.0 Morelia Clastolepis

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Reptile House - chris_harper2, Mon Nov 1 15:54:59 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Reptile House - chris_harper2, Mon Nov 1 13:24:19 2010