return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Pine Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: bow in a vision cage

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Snakes - General Forum ]

Posted by: KevinM at Thu Dec 16 13:56:55 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by KevinM ]  

As Doug suggested, I would just use something to push against the bow in the direction you want. I am sure you could get a nice piece of plywood and attach to the inside of the cage where the bow is, then place supports on the corners to push the bow out too. May not look pretty, but it would work. I have a double sliding door cage I bought from another manufacturer that must be warping and the doors are sticking badly even after I clean out the tracks. I think as more and more of these PVC and other plastic cages stay on the market, more and more "problems" with long term use will occur. The old neodesha slant cages looked pretty hardy and not prone to warp or bow. The vision cages look hardy too and I the person must have had ALOT of weight on it to cause this. As a precaution I always place spacer boards along the front and back of my pvc cages and racks I stack on top of one another. You can even tell that extra weight on the racks designed to be stackabable may cause the boxes to stick.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: bow in a vision cage - johnthebaptist, Thu Dec 16 14:13:38 2010

<< Previous Message:  bow in a vision cage - johnthebaptist, Wed Dec 15 22:30:10 2010