return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: I Think We Found The Answer.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Snakes - General Forum ]

Posted by: robeyeshua221 at Fri Dec 31 19:51:44 2010   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by robeyeshua221 ]  

everything you are saying makes plenty of sense - i guess all i had ever read was from the school of thought that if you fed in the "home" enclosure that just opening the lid might make them think it is feeding time - thats where the hook comes in i guess - what was weird was with is snake as with every snake i own i have always done the same thing - feed on sundays - then never handle til wednesday then always handle in 10 or 15 minute sessions on wednesday and as often as once or twice more before the next Sunday - particularly with this snake- i could take him out 2 or 3 times a day and do most anything i wanted to with him and he never, ever gave any sign of wanting to be agressive in any way - he just acted super weird that night - as i said i had this strange feeling that i should just leave him alone but i didn't and i paid the price for it - since then he has spent most of the time in his water bowl - i guess he's going blue - but he only shed 5 weeeks ago - this seems too quick for a snake his age to shed again - i don't know - i'm really gonna think about what you suggested - i have to admiti had been feedingmy juvenile dum pair in their tub because they refused to eat off the tongs - they would always take it later in the dark after looking at it or laying with their face next to it - i keep them on aspen so i have always feared aspeningestion with feeding - maybe i gotta regroup and go to newspaper and try what you said - i'm pretty new to this whole snake thing and igotta be honest - another bite and i probably bail out on this hobby - keep my corn snake and maybe my young ball and sell out and scrap the big snake business - i like em but i dont gotta have em - its just something i enjoy - thank you for taking time to reply and help me - what do you think baout what ive said in this post and what type of substrate if any and enclosures do you use with big boas in particular - i've got a bigger female coming on wednesday that was to be his mate that i've already paid for - at a crossroads i guess????

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I Think We Found The Answer..... - KevinM, Fri Dec 31 22:23:51 2010

<< Previous Message:  I Think We Found The Answer..... - Sarge2004, Fri Dec 31 14:55:33 2010