return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Pine Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: For Masonmonitors

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Monitors ]

Posted by: masonmonitors at Sat Sep 24 15:08:56 2011   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by masonmonitors ]  

Well Frank, I never meant any disrespect towards you if that's what it is you're thinking. You have plenty of accomplishments. But like earlier stated by another poster, monitors are relatively easy to keep as long as you fully understand their needs and complete "steps one and two". It's not like there aren't plenty of papers, reports, studies, and examples of the same thing you do with your Savannah. The thing that has been successful in keeping them alive for years to come. I understand you have years and years of experience. I do. I just don't know what it is you can tell me to do different with a Savannah monitor to accomplish "optimum conditions". Is there some other trick that I'm unaware of? I mean this literally, if there is something you do different from your savs than the general idea then tell me. That's why I'm on here. I'll post pictures of my Sav gladly! I really don't mind. Also, where did you read by Daniel that said they never ate crickets? The preliminary study of the monitors systems were flushed and fecal matters were studied, showed that their diets relied heavily on orthopterans after the winter seasons. Mainly locusts and crickets. Also, where did you learn the monitors were in wheat fields, and what difference does it make? I assume the monitors went to the wheat fields were bugs like crickets and locusts would collaborate to eat the wheat.
The picture at the bottom is of my sav basking at 150 degrees. He managed to lay on the stack an entirely different position I had expected. Interesting fellow.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: For Masonmonitors - SHvar, Fri Dec 2 00:02:59 2011

<< Previous Message:  RE: For Masonmonitors - FR, Sat Sep 24 09:17:55 2011