return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Hognose . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

the full story if you want it?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: shannon brown at Wed Mar 14 18:02:03 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by shannon brown ]  

ok,it starts like this.Take note young grasshoppers.LOL.....

That snake was produced by Regis Offerman out of Colorado in (1999).I talked with Regis about it and he said it hatched out as a pretty normal looking amel but had some weird tipping.He raised it up to 3 years old and then decided to get out of colubrids all together.He is also the first person to ever produce the extreme red albino hognose just fyi.

Anyway, he sold that male snake along with about four or five others to a buddy of mine (Luis Torres) in Salt Lake city utah.Luis took and bred him to a few females including a couple sibling females and even to a nice hypo female.
I was lucky enough to purchase a pair of the double het hybinos from him that he had produced from that killer male.I saw that snake in person a couple times and I will tell you that Picture is not touched up at all!If anything it actually takes away to the way it really looked.I have seen thousands of amels over the years and that is still the best looking one I have ever seen.
Anyway,A couple years went by and Luis sold that snake along with the rest and some offspring etc.. to Ric Blair of Salt Lake.
Ric had him a couple years but lost him for no apperant reason in (07 or 08).
In late (2010) and early 2011 when ric got out of snakes he sold off the 30 or 40 animals he had from that line and it was his belief that it took a couple years for the trait to show up so you had to hold back and watch them change blah blah....Well,b.s. cause I also got some hatchlings from Ric back in about (05) and have produced about 25-30 out of my pair and none have ever turned out anything even close to dad/uncle granddad etc.....
My buddy Scott in Kansas bought out what Ric had left in the group and he has also told me has produced nothing special at all.
Just a one-off if you ask me.
Anyway, there it is in a nutshell!

L8r Shannon

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Honduran Milks - SunHerp, Thu Mar 15 10:00:00 2012
<< Previous topic:  back to work... - mikefedzen, Sun Mar 11 05:15:54 2012