return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Honduran Milk Snake Question

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: gerryg at Sat Mar 24 11:20:39 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gerryg ]  

4ft x 4ft cage is not what I meant... my enclosures are 48" long, 16" deep or roughly 5 1/2 ft... about what I expect my snakes to be as adults. Again that is my preference... can you get by with less, sure, lots of people do. That size allows me to place an UTH at one end of the cage and still have better than half the enclosure "unheated". Not too long ago a posted a picture (along with a long winded commentary ) of the latest cages I made... the link below is to that thread so you can see a picture of what I mean... each enclosure is 48" x 16" inside.

The larger space size has nothing to do with a hondo's temperament... they like hiding, chilling out and doing nothing, most of the time they won't even use much of the available space... but with the size enclosures I prefer a snake the size of a hondo can comfortably put itself at the heated side or at the unheated side, move around without tripping over itself and just as important allows me to add a few fake plants and driftwood to dress it up some and still allow plenty of room for the snake.

Gerry
Link

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Honduran Milk Snake Question - captainjack0000, Sat Mar 24 13:07:38 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Honduran Milk Snake Question - captainjack0000, Sat Mar 24 08:16:06 2012