return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Milk Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Can anyone add more?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: gerryg at Sun Mar 25 10:17:05 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gerryg ]  

A couple of years ago I was looking into Andeans and of course while googling them ran across pictures of the "Inca phase". Since that time I've only seen the same two images of the same two snakes... having just tried to look for those pictures I can now only find a single photo of a single individual... everything else is just photos of normal looking Andeans said to be xxx% het for Inca

While it's a great looking snake I can't help but wonder if it's little more than an aberrant pattern rather like the two "striped" BM's I have or the really great striped one my son has... so with my limited understanding of reptile genetics my question is this... can any snake exhibiting an aberrant pattern be breed and the resulting offspring, even though they look normal, claimed to be het for whatever? Is it just some marketing ploy? Get a few more bucks because mom or dad looked odd and you might get some of those oddball ones to if you just buy my snakes.

I'm just asking in reference to the "Inca" Andeans here... would seem to me if it was more than just an aberrant pattern more of them would be around given they've been around awhile... earliest reference I can find on them was in 2000.

Apologies in advance to anyone that takes offense to my doubts about het issues, none was meant. I'm only questioning the Inca Phase Andeans.

Gerry

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Can anyone add more? - KcTrader, Sun Mar 25 19:36:49 2012

<< Previous Message:  Andean Milks? - adamjames86, Fri Mar 23 16:34:37 2012