return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

The Ugly side of our Sunday trip, LOL..

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: John Fraser at Sat May 5 10:59:25 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by John Fraser ]  

I forgot to mention that on our way up to Perry Lake, located just off the West side of US-75 highway, North of Lyndon, KS, is a place we stopped at to get some supplies & take a restroom break, called the "Sports Mart", see the photo below(Note pics taken on our way home). We immediately noticed plenty of signs posted before we entered this store & our experiance there, well... it just plain was negative & sucked, to put it mildly. The man behind the counter looked at all of us when we walked in like "what the Hell are you doing in here" & everyone sensed his behavior & demeanor immediately. Dell I think handed him 50 cents to use the restroom, Cole bought a pair of leather gloves, assuming that would grant another restroom pass for anyone, that was not the case! Dave asked about using the restroom, the clerk wanted 50 cents again & Cole said something about he had just spent over $5.00 on the gloves & that since he didnt need to use the restroom, to let Dave use the restroom from his glove purchase. The clerk said "No", because Cole had bought the gloves, not Dave, so Dave did not use the restroom there as I recall & walked out, as we all did. I told everyone how un-american & rude I thought that man was running that place & that I would never go there again (except to get these pics, lol) & that I was embarrassed to know people like that in KS even exist, LOL! Everyone assurred me that A@@ho##s abound nation-wide & its unfortunate when we encounter them, which is so true... Here pics of the place & its sign stating about restroom fees, LOL! :

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Any clasic Sock Head Pueblans? - a153fish, Sat May 5 11:57:41 2012
<< Previous topic:  In search of syspila...Kansas 2012 - Dniles, Wed May 2 20:39:36 2012