return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: is this one a hypo????

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Pine/Bull/Gopher Snakes ]

Posted by: Jeremy Pierce at Wed Jun 27 11:24:39 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jeremy Pierce ]  

No doubt a Stillwater Hypo and a fine looking one at that.

I suppose that I can't rule out that yours are from outcrossed Stillwater lines. There is no doubt that they are very light. The things that I don't see are the lightened centers on the saddles and the overall carmely (sorry, I can't think of another word) tones to them, particularly on the eye stripe. It could just very well be the light that they were in when the pic was taken.

Here's a picture from Jason's site that I overlayed atop yours for comparison. (sorry I keep using you Jason. You have too many nice pics). The hypo is the one with its head towards the bottom pointing to the right (the others are a yellow and a red). If you notice, the saddles on the front third have very light centers and there's that "carmely" wash to the whole snake. Unfortunately you can't see the eye stripe very well in this pick, but even the head is washed out. I'm going to assume by the appearance of Jason's animals that the Stillwater line was used, but only he can tell us for sure.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  those are red hypos - LucasJennings, Wed Jun 27 11:48:54 2012

<< Previous Message:  is this one a hypo???? - LucasJennings, Wed Jun 27 10:51:48 2012 image in post