return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Excuse Me?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: SPJ01 at Wed Jul 25 21:57:34 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SPJ01 ]  

You email me about what to do for a sore (that is not just a sore by the way) and then post this thread insinuating that this snake arrived in this condition and I'm pissing you off. I don't think so. I didn't even know about this thread until someone asked me if this was the snake I sold to you. That snake had nothing wrong with it while in my care and now look at it. That pisses ME off. Seeing the wounds on that snake made me sick to my stomach. If you don't treat it quickly, it could go septic. That looks just like what a bite from a rodent would look like and is in an area where it would most likely get bitten. It looks like damage that a rodent would cause when being constricted with it's head still free.
Since you seem to have roommates, how do you know one of them didn't drop a live rat in there to see what would happen when you were not home?
Your last email to me stated you were new to keeping snakes. Well, this is one of those situations where experience comes in handy so listen carefully. Empty all of the substrate out of the cage and replace it with newspaper, clean the wound with betadine and then put some neosporin on it (the kind without the pain killer added) and call the vet and let them look at it and decide if anitbiotics are going to be needed.
I hope the snake makes a quick recovery but I am done with this mess.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Excuse Me? - fulton768, Thu Jul 26 06:17:31 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Excuse Me? - nloesco, Thu Jul 26 16:53:23 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: BS - hogisland85, Wed Jul 25 20:14:04 2012