return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

More Ltt from Amherst Co VA (DUW)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: Dniles at Sun Aug 5 20:55:27 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Dniles ]  

My buddy Ryan Ferrell and I spent some time today trading hatchlings and admiring his Ltt collection. He has some of the nicest Ltt I have ever seen. And many of them are WC or F1's from Amherst Co VA.

We snapped some pictures of some of his stuff and mine so here we go.

First up is the one and only Old Yeller - a WC female that Ryan caught a couple years ago. She is really unique. We were so glad to get a clutch from her this year.

We bred Yeller to my male WC from Amherst Co (pictured below - caught by Ryan) and got some killer babies. Some have a yellow tint to them so we're hoping they turn yellow as they age.

My male - we call him Red Male

Some of the babies

This male was #2 pick of the clutch that Ryan traded to me. It does have a hint of yellow but the camera doesn't pick it up very well

This is a female Ryan traded to me. No real signs of yellow but a clean hatchling none the less.

Ryan's #1 pick from the Yeller x Red male clutch was in shed so we will take pictures later. But here is another one from the clutch

Next up is what I consider to be the nicest Ltt I have ever seen. And as a bonus, this is not a line bred animal, it was captive hatched by Ryan after catching a gravid female in Amherst county two years ago.

First up is the female that produced this animal - she was caught by Ryan but now is in my collection and we call her Red Female

And here is a male from her 2010 clutch - he is the best I have seen (Joecop this is the one I was telling you about). This male is in Ryan's collection and will be the sire to several clutches in the future.

And to show you how truely oustanding this male is, here he is with one of his siblings from the same clutch in 2010

And here is his sibling alone - not too shabby himself. Also in Ryan's collection.

Here is Yeller with this awesome male - they will be paired up in 2013. They are unrealated.

I also got a great clutch from the Red female x Red male. sorry I don't have any new pictures of these

Then Ryan has some really nice non locality line bred easterns.

Female

Male

Together

Here is that killer 2010 Amherst Male with the line bred eastern. He is even better in our opinion than this line bred eastern!!

We're looking forward to working with this locality to see what we can produce from some of these incredible animals. I hope you enjoyed.

Dave

DNS Reptiles - Milk Snakes

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: More Ltt from Amherst Co VA (DUW) - tspuckler, Mon Aug 6 08:04:32 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: More Ltt from Amherst Co VA (DUW) - RG, Mon Aug 6 14:45:06 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: More Ltt from Amherst Co VA (DUW) - joecop, Mon Aug 6 17:42:55 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: More Ltt from Amherst Co VA (DUW) - brandond, Tue Aug 7 07:34:51 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: More Ltt from Amherst Co VA (DUW) - Jason Nelson, Tue Aug 7 21:31:34 2012