return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Barbour’s Map Turtle . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - June 09, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Pointed tail of Black Milksnake

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: snakebuz at Thu Aug 16 15:29:27 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by snakebuz ]  

A little off the beaten path or wall, you make the call, not sure if any of you have or not, but catching a mudsnake will get you not bitten, but poked by the mudsnake as if he is trying to force his tail through you to make you let him go, lol. The entire tailtip is one large thick shiny black scale that resembles a "big stinger". I have caught many through the years, even trying to convert some over to mice (yeah right, easier to convert eastern hognos) and have never been bitten by one even in the high excitement of the initial catch. But I have been poked to the point I actually was close to bleeding, so forcefully do they jam the tail in. I never got poked by any milks very hard, but I did have a burmese returned by a stripper once because the club she danced at took offense to the "playful" tail jabbing in the wrong place at her club, lol.
Back to the milkssssssnakes... snakebuz
-----
It's a sick world and I'm a happy man!

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Pointed tail of Black Milksnake - DMong, Thu Aug 16 16:24:27 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Pointed tail of Black Milksnake - a153fish, Fri Aug 17 09:32:16 2012
>> Next Message:  RE: Pointed tail of Black Milksnake - Sinaloan, Sun Aug 26 08:19:30 2012

<< Previous Message:  RE: Pointed tail of Black Milksnake - a153fish, Thu Aug 16 10:33:28 2012