return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: genetics help- Personally I suggest

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: LarM at Sun Aug 19 19:20:53 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by LarM ]  

Personally I suggest you do a lot more reading of Mendelian genetic basics and go to many other forums that are more receptive to beginner questions.
I'll leave a link or two below to a Forum that is more receptive to beginner type questions.

If you do not understand basic genetics as of right now . . . . . . Personally I believe you have no business breeding any Boas together anytime in the near future !

Without understanding basic Boa mutations and how they work it's right nor is it fair that you breed these animals together and have basically little to no understanding of what your outcomes will be.

You need to fully understand these things so that you can explain it in full detail to potential customers.

It's not fair come on any forum and ask people to give the answers to these types of questions.

If you can demonstrate that you have a basic understanding of what will be produced from any given basic coupling then people will be more open to helping you gain further understanding.

Here is part of your statement:
>>>> I have a female Anery het snow (2008) and 2 males, a 2010 albino motley het snow
>>>>and a 2011 sunglow het albino. Both kahl strains

I don't know if this is a Typo in your previous question or if you truly don't understand that a Sunglow is an Albino ? . . . .

A Double Het Sunglow is a Hypo Heterozygous for Albino.
An actual Sunglow is a Hypo that also displays Albino in the Homozygous state.

Possibly you missed typed and meant to say you have a Sunglow Het Anery . . .
if not you are a very long ways from understanding The Basic Genetics involved in Boa Breeding . . . .

I suggest you stop by this Forum that I post a Link to . . there is many many wonderful detailed threads that explain all kinds of basic Genetic information.

There are many of these threads that are actual stickies at the top of each sub Forum for you to read through and gain more insight into Genetics then I could type here in the next four hours ! Lar M

Redtailboas Forum

-----
Boas By Klevitz

I Support USark.org

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: genetics help- Personally I suggest - rjamesboas, Mon Sep 3 11:50:07 2012

<< Previous Message:  genetics help - rjamesboas, Wed Aug 15 23:01:54 2012