return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Introducing the Eclipse Boa

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: kblumenthal at Sat Aug 25 18:55:38 2012   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kblumenthal ]  

Warren, it can definitely be tough to get two boas to stay still for pics, that's for sure!
I took a bunch of pictures today of a few boas, and I am very confident that it is the angle of the shot, the setting/zoom on the camera, and the dark eyes that cause the huge eye effect. I will let you (and anyone else) be the judge:

One of my pastels born on 4/22/12. Notice how the eyes look "buggy" (especially its right eye):

The same pastel next to the Eclipse boa. Notice how the Pastel's right eye (closest to the camera) is now normal looking. Compare the Eclipses' left eye with the Pastel's left eye (furthest from the camera).

The same two boas at a different angle:

One of the het Leopards from 2011, picture taken today. Notice the right eye (furthest from the camera) looks buggy? Trust me, it's not and older pics of her are here - http://www.blumenboas.com/images/available/blu6-28-11hetleo3/index.html.
Todays pic:

One of my '11 Hypo Leopards, its left eye looks buggy in the pic:

Same Hypo Leo, but now its left eye looks fine and right eye looks buggy:

Same Hypo Leo with Eclipse boa, its left eye looks a little buggy and the Eclipse boas' eyes look ok:

Both together again, Eclipse right eye and Hypo Leo left eye look buggy:

Both together again, but at a much better overhead angle (a little blurry though). The eyes on both DON'T look buggy in this pic:

And finally some pics of the Eclipse next to a Leopard littermate:

Talk about getting lucky with this shot...!

Hopefully I have given enough proof here. I certainly am not upset about your question at all Warren, as I went and really checked him out after you asked the question. I felt like a jeweler comparing diamond rings next to each other . Lining heads on top of heads trying to see if it was in fact an issue. I concluded that I think it's a matter of how I rotate the camera above the head to take a headshot which will make the eyes look "buggy". A slightly different angle can give a completely different result. I look forward to yours or anyone else's feedback.
-----
Kevin Blumenthal
www.blumenboas.com

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  THIN Saddle Brazilians Post Shed - 2012 - lrdj, Thu Aug 23 06:41:54 2012
<< Previous topic:  International shippers - please help! - UKMotley, Wed Aug 22 03:05:54 2012