return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

A Charitable Nonprofit for Conservation

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to General / Open Discussion ]

Posted by: collaredkeeper at Mon May 20 14:32:50 2013   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by collaredkeeper ]  

Hello everyone,

My name is Anthony Pine and I have been on kingsnake since 2004, check in a few times a year, and just wanted to say that I am very happy to see the site is still alive and active!

I wanted to share with you a nonprofit that I have become a part of that has a very important cause. The 501(c)3 charitable nonprofit is called The Tomistoma Fund, which has goals to progress research and conservation efforts for the endangered Tomistoma crocodile (Tomistoma schlegelii). We are just now getting to the stage of having the funding and potential to make a real difference for the species and I am very excited to share our cause with the kingnsake community, where nearly all of my ideas for reptiles and conservation stemmed from as a kid.

Our nonprofit has plans to be in the field later this year to conduct pilot field surveys for the species and greatly hope to make a difference for long-term conservation and management of the species. You can read more about our nonprofit and ways to show your support at our website or our facebook. We are even creating a children's book for our efforts that you can read more about on our kickstarter campaign.

Any help and support getting the word out about our nonprofit in your local community or herp club would be a huge asset into helping boost awareness for our nonprofit, the species, and our cause.

Have a great week!
Anthony Pine
President - The Tomistoma Fund
www.tomistomafund.org

p.s. have a young one who likes to draw? Click here for a downloadable color-in Tomistoma!
Or Click here to download/print a copy of the pamphlet below.
Click here to print and share our pamphlet!
Click here to print and share our pamphlet!

-----
Collaredkeeper
-If You Don't Have A Penny, A Half Penny Will Do-

[ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereA Charitable Nonprofit for Conservation - collaredkeeper, Mon May 20 14:32:50 2013 image in post

>> Next topic:  Western Zoological Supply - swiss, Tue May 21 18:30:50 2013
<< Previous topic:  posting ad with mobile device - snakemansam, Mon May 20 05:55:28 2013