return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Is it OVER

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: lexxxx300 at Sun May 4 11:47:06 2014   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lexxxx300 ]  

I will admit I was one of the people who just fell off the earth when it comes to the boas. Im not sure why but I just stopped looking at forums. At first it was a relief because I was obsessed with snakes and boas so I really did welcome a normal life. Now as I pop my head back in I see this forum along with others are completely dead. What the heck happened. Did everyone go through what I went through or similar.

Was it just too expensive to buy new morphs

Were we just into for the money and when the bottom fell out so did we.

Even though a lot of us have fallen off where are all the newcomers. We were once the new comers.

Have all the exciting times left.

Did the morphs kill the hobby. This was actually the reason why I stopped looking....nothing but morphs.

Everyone is still doing it just not posting....maybe posting on Instagram.

Is this like and ebb and flow. Will it ever be back.

Did we get too spoiled and a nice normal no longer impresses us.

A gorgeous tail suri..with no peaks doesnt even phase us.

It is a shame. I remember the days when a shipment would come in straight from Suriname and had ticks, mites, and the boas hadn't fed and we would still be excited to get it and add these animals to our collection. Hoping to breed, hoping to get it to feed and hold down a meal. It was actually exciting times. The animals would just come in with unreal patterns and color. It was a challenge. We actually loved the challenge. I remember when I would first get my import Suri to eat I would feel so proud and happy. Then to actually hold down a meal that was a different story. It made you appreciate your animals so much. Seems like we enjoyed a challenge. I know things have changed but seems like many boa keepers are wusses now. Hey I understand why because I was the same way. But I tell you I sure would like to see some excitement with this hobby other than morphs breeding. Just seems a bit boring....what the heck happened. Im certainly not saying bring back all the regurgitating boas from South America Im just asking what happened...Oh for some reason my question mark isnt working....lol

Normal RG colombian.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Is it OVER - McCarthyBoas, Sun May 4 21:17:56 2014
>> Next Message:  RE: Is it OVER - maizeysdad, Mon May 5 06:29:05 2014
>> Next Message:  RE: Is it OVER - sarge2004, Mon May 5 08:28:30 2014
>> Next Message:  What percentage .... - tcdrover, Mon May 5 09:30:52 2014
>> Next Message:  FACEBOOK - mjf, Fri May 9 08:08:58 2014