return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Leopard Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Plated Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC, but I remember we had some nurses on this board.......

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: BeginnersBasics at Mon Nov 24 07:38:07 2003   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BeginnersBasics ]  

I am sorry to post this here, but I remember we had some nurses on this board and since we are all like a "big happy family" here, I wanted some help, advice and information.

Sorry to all others, but this is the only place I could think of to go and "vent" and get some answers.

My father still lives in VA. I got a phone call at 2 am this morning that he was yet again in the hospital. Long story short.. he went to the ER a month ago with a migraine. He has not been headache free since. Well......... they have found two tumors on his brain. One the size of a peanut and the other is quite large. They are operating today and say he will be in the hospital for 4 - 5 days. I am planning on leaving either late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning and driving from Florida to VA. I need to know what to expect? What I can do to help? How I can convince him to return to Florida with me? He has wanted to come down here for some time and now this...... I feel he NEEDS to be here where I can care for him properly. How long is the average recovery time, etc? The doctors are Navy doctors and are not very "free" with giving out information to me.

Please help?!?!?!?!

If I do get him to return with me, I may have to sell ALL my dragons in order to empty a room for him to live in. Arrrrrrrrrggggg

I don't know if I am ready for this. Not only that, but this is going to cost me an arm and a leg and I am practically broke right now (Like most mother's this time of year)

Thanks in advance to any and all who offer advice and help
-----
Lisa
www.beginnersbasics.com

Cricket FREE babies!

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  also......... - BeginnersBasics, Mon Nov 24 07:59:05 2003
>> Next Message:  RE: TOTALLY OFF TOPIC, but I remember we had some nurses on this board....... - wideglide, Mon Nov 24 09:01:31 2003
>> Next Message:  RE: - Christyj, Mon Nov 24 09:08:36 2003