return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fire Skink . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Seems to be a lot of this...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: GirlieTegRacer at Mon Nov 24 20:05:35 2003   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by GirlieTegRacer ]  

There seems to be a lot of people asking about this topic lately! I guess everyone's dragons are getting to the same age! Well, here is my advice.... I had the same problem with one of my dragons when she was about the same age as yours. I believe this has to do with the age they are. At this age they seem to be more aware of their surroundings and they are also more aware of movements around them. A beardie has a natural defense reaction to objects coming at it from the air. To a beardie, something coming from the sky equals a predator such as a bird. YOu may notice later on that they become entranced by ceiling fans (if you have them!)Try to make your hand movements a little slower when you are reaching into the cage. Don't just reach in and snatch up the little guy b/c that will scary the bejeezes out of him. Also try to leave your hand around him inside the cage for awhile BEFORE you try to pick him up. He probably has a but of an attitude problem now as well. This is the "teenage" time for him so he thinks he is "el jefe", the boss! I don't have any problems with my dragon now. She is about 1 year old and she is just the biggest Momma's dragon there is. I am pretty sure that your little guy will eventually grow out of it. Until he does, try making your movements a little slower around him and speak soothingly to him when you are messing around with his cage, it is HIS terrotory after all and dragons will actually start to react to your voice as they get older. Mine react to my voice when they hear it. They will look at me when I talk to them. If only kids could do that!!!! Good luck with your little bugger!!!!

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Thank you so much to Bennett from Beardidragon.com..... - Joel R, Mon Nov 24 21:04:00 2003
<< Previous topic:  Forum user still in need of help PLEASE READ and find it in your heart to help - grimdog, Mon Nov 24 18:59:51 2003