return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Colubrids . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Nov 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Nov 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Nov 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Nov 10, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

A Thank you to you all (Long)....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ]

Posted by: BeginnersBasics at Tue Nov 25 07:19:13 2003   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by BeginnersBasics ]  

I am shocked and amazed at the generosity of people here on the board. This whole situation hit me Monday morning at 2:00 am with a phone message from my ex husband. I have been running on pure adrenalin and tension headache medication since. I don’t really know what to say to all the people who have offered up their prayers and best wishes, their time to talk to me privately, advice and yes… those of you who have also offered up some much needed money. I am fully aware of the time of year and how money is tight right now for everyone… I am a mother of 3 children under 9 years and know that the Holidays are expensive. I think the biggest shock that this board has given me yet was Joel offering up that amazing dragon to the highest bidder…… I NEVER in my life thought that people would be as kind to me as you all are being right now. This has restored my faith in people and made me realize that the holiday spirit of kindness and generosity is still alive in this day and age.

The latest news I have from the hospital is that he had two tumors. One was the size of a peanut and was a “floating” tumor. This one they removed without any problems at all. He was in surgery from 9 am till a little after 4 pm and they had serious issues trying to remove the large tumor which was attached at the back of his brain. He has more scans scheduled for today, but they said his vital signs are good and he is stable. They did say however that is does appear to be brain cancer. I will know more once I actually get up to Virginia and go see him and the doctors. He will now have to stay in the hospital a minimum of 7 days and I will be returning to Florida on the Wednesday… I will be there one week. I have a show I will be attending in Orlando Florida on December 6th and all money from those sales will be saved, because two weeks after my return (all being well) I will then be returning to VA and bringing him home to stay with me. If this is cancer he will be needing treatments and as much family support as he can get.

It is so hard being this far away and feeling completely helpless right now. I want to run out my door and jump in my truck and just drive and drive. This man has been my father since I was 8 years old. He is the reason I now live over here in the USA. He was always wonderful to me and tried his very best to make me his “perfect sweet little girl”… Shame the tom boy in me gave him such troubles growing up. Eventhough my “biological father” still lives in the UK and is alive and well, The man I see as my father is here. He has always been and always will be my father in my eyes. Now it is my turn to help him as best I can and to show him the love that I have never admitted to him.

I wanted to take the time to yet again Thank you all

Below is a list of the wonderful people who have already helped me in a big way and I wanted to list them and give them credit for being truly kind people. It doesn’t matter if they sent me $5 or $50….. they are all wonderful, caring people that I am ever thankful to call my friends.

Christy (The Classy Lizard)
Mike Lundgren
Chris allen
Joel Roberts
Danielle MacDowell
Tracey (Tracey's Beardies)
Sean Campbell
Steve Umstead
Joel Roberts
Kurt Keller
Derek Affonce
-----
Lisa
www.beginnersbasics.com

Cricket FREE babies!

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Christy ...... ??? for you.... - BeginnersBasics, Tue Nov 25 07:36:39 2003
>> Next Message:  RE: A Thank you to you all (Long).... - griffinej5, Tue Nov 25 08:53:55 2003
>> Next Message:  RE: A Thank you to you all (Long).... - Tracey, Tue Nov 25 09:35:55 2003
>> Next Message:  RE: A Thank you to you all (Long).... - Turtlegirl, Tue Nov 25 10:47:10 2003