return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Pine Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - June 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - June 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - June 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

"wobbly" and her sister are beautiful!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tortoises ]

Posted by: unchikun at Tue Jul 13 20:30:51 2004   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by unchikun ]  

they both look really nice! i'll add to the concensus, too, and say that i don't think they look too old. really old torts look more worn and such on their shells... "timmy" the tortoise (check the link below for timmy info) comes to mind; i saw him not long ago on a pbs show about turtles and tort that had clips from when he was alive, and he really did look the part of the geezer... his shell was battered-looking, and his head even did that kind of shaky thing like old people do.

what i mainly feed my redfoot is spring salad mix (it's a good mix of greens, i think) with an added fruit or some such (i rotate between things like strawberries, blueberries, mango, plum, kiwi, etc.). i've not given him cat food or pinkies, but i sometimes give him a little bit of boiled egg, tofu, or cooked meat as a treat for protein. for supplementation, i go with the recommendation of the breeder i purchased him from, and i sprinkle a pinch of herptivite vitamins and rep-cal calcium on every third meal or so.

good luck with your lovely ladies, and keep us posted if you get any eggs/hatchlings!
timmy the tortoise obituary (with pic and downloadable little video clip)

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Wobbly Redfoot Tortoise - clemmysman, Mon Jul 12 17:44:36 2004