return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: breeding boas... a few mre questions... anxious to get started!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: SNAKEMAN12345 at Mon Mar 28 21:40:45 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SNAKEMAN12345 ]  

okay just got done reading that 11 page article that someone posted for me to read. i have some questions about some things i was reading in it. should i put a stick in at all every (before or while breeding at all during the year)? should i put a hide box? i was told not to so im thinking maybe just a piece of crumpled newspaper to hide his face under? and i was also reading about some shelfs that people had. i dont get the point of this other than it would be easy to clean the cage without them getting disturbed (clean the bottom when they are on the shelf part and the shelf when they are on the bottom). i dont plan on making a shelf in the cages im going to make so what do you all do keep from disturbing them while in the breeding months? im building cages out of pvc sheets about 1/8" thick and am planning on 4' long, 2' deep and 2' tall, what do you think of that? can i keep the male in something a little smaller and in a plastic clear container while not breeding? thanks for reading over this all and helping me out!

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: breeding boas... a few mre questions... anxious to get started! - Sunshine, Mon Mar 28 21:23:25 2005