return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Garter Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Boaphile Racks

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: Matt...Hennek at Sun Apr 3 21:12:09 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Matt...Hennek ]  

I have two boaphile racks housing ball pythons. They are built quite well and are stronger than an ox. I have one of their ball room racks as well as a six drawer sideways blanket rhinorack seen here. I love the ball room rack and would order another if needed. I think it is definitely large enough to house any adult female ball python with enough room to stretch her "legs." I have a 2500 gram female in a ball python rack and I feel she has plenty of room. It is also always a pleasure doing business with Jeff Ronne, he has great customer service. On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of the six drawer blanket rack. It twists and bends much to easily, it is quite difficult to pull out the drawers without them falling out, and since the heat tape is on the back "half" of the rack, not on one end like I believe would be best, it is impossible for the snakes to thermoregulate properly. Boaphile racks are also quite expensive when compared to other brands like animal plastics. I think that if Animal plastic used heat tape and not heat cable, they would be the best value to go with.

Overall, Boaphile racks have their pluses and minuses just like any rack system, but in my opinion, they are a good choice. Finally, I said previously that Jeff has great customer service and I stand by that, BUT, they can be difficult to get ahold of and you MUST plan ahead. If you need a rack in a week, you won't get it from boaphile as they are usually back ordered for 3 weeks or so. Good luck.

Matt

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Something special? Or just a nice normal - cocchiara, Sun Apr 3 16:17:41 2005
<< Previous topic:  A Few New Pics >>> - wyatt, Sun Apr 3 13:31:50 2005