return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Alligator . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Sept 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Sept 08, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Sept 17, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: One of my Snakes has CRYPTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Ball Pythons ]

Posted by: lolaophidia at Tue Apr 5 18:08:18 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lolaophidia ]  

Candace- I am so sorry to hear you or anyone for that matter is dealing with this. You have my sympathy!

I had a scare with Crypto with one of my snakes that I'd had for about a year before it started showing symptoms (I'd even kept it in quarrentine for 3 months before moving it into my rack system). It was awful thinking that I might need to euthanize all of my snakes and basically nuke thousands of dollars of equipment since it's extremely difficult to completely get rid of the oocysts and you as the keeper are the best candidate for spreading the infection during cage cleaning. Here's a link in the Health forum to the discussion I got into about the possibly infected snake forums.kingsnake.com/viewarch.php?id=343392,347961&key=2004 But if you do a search for Cryptosporidium on the forums you'll find it's been discussed many times. My snake exhibited some of the symptoms (hard lump in the midsection) and the vet ran multiple tests on the snake up to the final necropsy and thankfully, no crypto was found. I continue to watch the one snake that was definitely exposed, though she showed no symptoms and has tested negative twice. It's really a terrible disease. I wish you the best of luck with this and hope that your snakes do not suffer with the illness.

-----
Lora

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: One of my Snakes has CRYPTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! - KTMARTIN, Wed Apr 6 09:10:03 2005

<< Previous Message:  One of my Snakes has CRYPTO!!!!!!!!!!!!! - HerpGirl5587, Tue Apr 5 17:03:53 2005