return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Who was it that decided that hypomelanism was co-dominant?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Sojourn at Sat Apr 9 11:11:53 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Sojourn ]  

Because is is not. It is by definition a dominant trait.

I write this because my post in the Mohawk thread was evidently deleted, and I believe this is something that definitely needs to be addressed.

A co-dominant trait, in it's homozygous(super) form, should be obviously visually different from the heterozygous form, which is also visually different from a non-gene carrying wild type.

The CA Motley is the only current morph that has proven itself to be a co-dominant trait. The Purplr Patternless may be the Colombian version of this, but it has yet to be officially proven.

A dominant trait is one that looks visually different from the wild type in its het form, but appears generally the same as the het in its homozygous form.

1.How can this be changed?

2.Is it reasonable to just let it ride?

I mean no disrespect to anyone by bringing this issue up. But, it bothers me that a group, that I feel I am a part of misrepresents something, strictly based on ignorance, or the want to just be a part of the majority.

I do not want this to be an argument. But I genuinely implore some civilized discussion about this topic. Thanks all....

Jesse Van Atta

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  You are completely right. - Randall_Turner, Sat Apr 9 12:35:14 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Who was it that decided that hypomelanism was co-dominant? - ChrisGilbert, Sat Apr 9 13:26:15 2005
>> Next Message:  It may be useful to check how Rich explained it...... - gray, Sat Apr 9 14:27:42 2005
>> Next Message:  Bingo! - Rainshadow, Sat Apr 9 14:31:12 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Who was it that decided that hypomelanism was co-dominant? - graciascott, Sat Apr 9 14:34:31 2005