return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: YES, it could Happen!!!!!...........

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Jeremy Stone at Fri Apr 15 12:50:32 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jeremy Stone ]  

There is ALWAYS that possibilty in LIFE!!!!!!

I have been in the business a Very long time, and I see your valid points about the Sunglows. I have been hearing ever since 1997 that Albino Boas are going to be 500 bucks every year since.

Even if someone got a Pair of HETS or Albinos FREE and bred them, they would NOT sell them for 500 bucks. Even if they were CRACK addicts and needed Crack tomorrow.

I would like to hear others opinion on this subject. I have seen some AWESOME Herpers and Great businessmen loose THOUSANDS in the snake business, and get out. I have also seen poor herpers and not good businessmen make GOOD money in the business.

MY POINT??? DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Don't Buy from JUST One breeder who is nicer then the others. BE SMART, and DEFINATLEY don't do this ALL in 1 to 2 weeks and have your whole family in debt with your cards maxed out because of 7 success stories!!!!!

Again, I have been in this business a long time. I am so confident in the Ball Market, and Boa Market, and EVEN snake Market that I just took out a Loan (YES AFTER 10 years of Proof to myself this is right for me) for close to 1 Million Dollars on my Reptile Business and new Snake Building!!!

Even if SUNGLOWS, Motleys, or even if there is a LUCY Boa, and they are 500 bucks in 2005, I'll be comfortable with my decision to keep going, and continue in the snake business!!! Balls, Boas, Pythons, or even Colubrids.

In my opinion this is just the Beginning. I'll say the same next year too. The ONLY stopping of this business from Some making a LOT of Money and Some going BROKE is LEGISLATION!!!!! That is a real possibilty, and I see the ONLY downside to the snake market.

IF I WERE YOU, I would contact those who have Failed and HATE the Business, and then contact some with Success. Don't Put ALL your eggs with ONE breeder you like better then the others. There are TONS of honest good people who will treat your right.

NOW, Go GET THEM!!! LOL. Isn't it fit that this business is called the "SNAKE BUSINESS"???? LOL

Yes, there are a LOT of snakes!!! Litterally, both human and Reptile!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I'll be able to visit the forum when I get some more time. I wish everyone the BEST BOA YEAR EVER!!!!

Jeremy Stone

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  $600 Albino Boas - Harperman, Fri Apr 15 13:04:45 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: YES, it could Happen!!!!!........... - hippyguy, Fri Apr 15 18:17:10 2005 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: YES, it could Happen!!!!!........... - Gotboids18, Fri Apr 15 23:34:31 2005

<< Previous Message:  Genetic Morph market...... Is there a possibility of a sudden fallout??? - gotboids18, Thu Apr 14 21:36:59 2005