return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

BLIZZARD PROJECT UPDATE!!!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Jeremy Stone at Mon Apr 18 00:26:11 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jeremy Stone ]  

Hello everyone, I just wanted to Update everyone. So far this year I have had 2 litters. Both of those litters have been DH to DH from my Type 2 Snow Blizzards. These are 50/50 Columbian/Mexican.

A Week ago, I got 2 Albinos 7 anerys, a few normals. I can't remember off the top of my head what the Exact ratio was, but there were 17 total Babies. NO Snow/Blizzard. The 2 Albinos are Coral Albinos and some of the Best I have produced. Also 2 of the anerythristics from the litter are some of the Best I have seen. They tend to take on more of the Columbian Anerythristic look. Unlike the Grandmother who is my Favorite Type 2 of all Time!!!!! So, with the more Columbian Look they are VERY SILVER like, and pretty cool. The normal looking babies have bright red tails. That is surprising too, and they all have a different look kind of like the Argentine/Columbian Crosses.

TODAY is my second and MAY be the Last litter of the Year.

There were 7 Albinos, Quite a few Anerythristics, and a few Normals too. NO SNOW!!!!

This is SOOO weird to me. It is genetically IMPOSSIBLE for there not to be the mixture of the two genes according to some of my old College genetics professors. The 1 of 16 is just VERY VERY hard to get, and I have been EXTREMELY UNLUCKY!!!!!!

Even if for some reason they don't cross up to make a snow, I'm keeping every female again. WHY??? I LOVE the look of them. Yes they are just 66 percent Poss hets, and the Albinos are also 66 percent Poss hets, and the Aneryhristics are 66 percent Poss hets. They are SOOO strong bloodline wise which is surprising to me, because the parents are Brother and Sister. I have 3 Adult DH snow Blizzards. 2 have Already gone, and 1 is IFFY still. They both got pregnant SOO fast and soo easy, and both gave Fantastic litters with No problems. I just think the CA gene is SOO strong. OF course I have plans for out crossing though, and here are the Plans!!!

Last year I bred the Grandsire of this whole project to a different Albino. I got a small litter, but there were 7 DH Males and 2 Females. I’m keeping those 7 males to breed to all the Poss DH snow females I kept to get better Bloodlines. The only way they will be imbred is the Parent DH snows Mother is the Grandmother of the Babies. MAKE SENSE?? LOL

The Original Type 2 seems to take a few years off. I have had her since 97 and she has given 2 litters. She took this year off. Next year I hope to breed her to a Male Albino from a litter I got last year of the DH snow Blizzards. SOOOO, if he is a het Anery, I’ll get ½ Anerythristics HET Albino. They will be 75 percent MEXICAN!!!!! Even if he isn’t het, I’ll get all DH snow Blizzards that are again 75 percent CA. I’ll keep working that route to eventually get them close to 99 percent CA!!!!

To Make a long story short, either I have the WORST ODDS, or they genetically don’t make a Snow. Science says I have BAD odds. I think the same way. It just is EXTREEMLY frustrating because I have worked on this project 7 years!!!! No Snow YET!!! Yet is the keyword. It will be here someday!!!!

I’ll post pictures of the litter. They are UNREAL to look at either way. I feel very blessed to just have the healthy litters.

For those Genetic Wizzards that may say the genes won’t add up, here is a scenario to think about. When I eventually breed 2 Anerythristics from these litters down the road, that are BOTH Het for Albino, I will get ALL Anerythristics. However, when the Albino genes match up, what will they BE?? Albinos??? Impossible!!!! They will HAVE to be Anerythristic Albinos which is the name for the “Snow/Blizzard” So, I guess I have to go Back to the Waiting Game.

It is going to be a Slower Boa year for me this year. I have a lot of goodies, but I was hoping for a better year. ESPECIALLY the Motleys. I don’t see a good Motley year in MY direction at ALL. Maybe 3 to 4 litters IF I’m lucky. Could be less, and could be more, but I doubt it.

I’ll share all this info and pics in the forum as well as my new site shortly.

Here is the Picture of the female who started this WHOLE project for me. Her name is Black Magic!!! AWESOME SNAKE!!!!

Best of luck with others. I really hope that Pete Kahl or John Birgil hit with a blizzard. They are the only 2 others that have a chance. They bought DH’s a long time ago from me. Both had litters last year, but neither of them had a Snow either.

BTW, I hope nobody takes this post as a SALES pitch. I’m really not selling anything from the project now so, please no bashing on that subject.

Take Care, Jeremy Stone

P.S. Linda, I'm dying to see your new babies, and same with you Chris. I have never checked the forum this often to see those 2 litters. I'm going to NY for a few days and that is Going to BUG me. I guess I'll have to get a hotel that has INTERNET!! LOL

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Sorry about the odd gods raining down so much negativity..... - robertmcphee, Mon Apr 18 00:37:24 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: BLIZZARD PROJECT UPDATE!!!!! - Tracy Barker, Mon Apr 18 08:45:33 2005 image in post
>> Next Message:  A possibility to the outcomes. - ChrisGilbert, Mon Apr 18 14:16:33 2005
>> Next Message:  Jeremy enjoy your trip and have lots of fun..... - LindaH, Mon Apr 18 18:53:16 2005
>> Next Message:  Do you think there never will be a blizzard from this breeding? - neilm, Tue Apr 19 01:23:27 2005