return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Lyre Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

PART 2

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: morgans boas at Sun Apr 24 19:50:19 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by morgans boas ]  

PART 2 of 3
For those who don't know what a nebulizer is, it's a glorified air pump that acts as an inhailer , by pumping air thru a surgical tube, and into a small enclosed container, where it's mixed with the antibiotics to create a fog, then it goes thru a mouthpiece (which I removed). I hooked this up to a rubbermaid container to use as a holding tank for the snakes while they got the snot fogged out of them - literally. I'd put about 7-8cc's in, and that would last for about 20 minutes. Even when the meds were gone, I'd still leave them in the rubbermaid because there was still plenty of "fog" to inhale.
This pic shows me putting the meds in:

This pic shows it connecting to the rubbermaid - I taped the rest of the holes.

Here you can kinda see the "fog" blowing out, it doesn't take long to cloud it up.

Here's the male just getting put in.

I then put the whole container back into the cage. That keeps it warm, plus any of the meds that may seep out of the cracks in the lid will still stay in the cage.

WAIT, WAIT .... THERE'S A PART THEE, I MEAN THREE --almost done
-----
--aka DMOG68

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Ever Dealt With a RI ? Possible new method - READ (Part 1) - morgans boas, Sun Apr 24 19:46:10 2005