return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gecko . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

PART 3

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: morgans boas at Sun Apr 24 19:54:42 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by morgans boas ]  

PART 3 of 3:
After the nebulizer treatment, I open the lid and will see the nostrils look like they need to blow. How can I get them to blow there nose. I tried using a sringe (without the needle) to suck the snot out, but it really didn't do much. So I took the mouthpiece that I removed from the nebulizer, used electrical tape to form a small hole about the size of a straw, and then used more electrical tape to attach it to a half-sized shop vaccuum. I 1st tried it on myself to make sure I wasn't going to suck the lungs out of my boas, and it acted alot like the suction that's used in your mouth at the dentist . I hold her head, and place it up to each nostril. At 1st when she was in bad shape, you could see and hear lots of stuff coming out, now there's almost no need for it. Here's a pic.

I'm not good at putting long essays down, and having them be perfectly clear, and understandable, so I hope this makes sense to you guys and gals. I've been very happy with the obvious results that I've seen here. You can rent a nebulizer here for a month at a time from a medical supply store for $30/month (a dollar a day). I'm probably going to buy one now. Oh, I bought the whole bottle of medicine and they mixed it with saline to create a liters worth. I haven't even used 1/4 of that. Take care all, to yourselves, and your great, wonderful Boas.
-----
--aka DMOG68

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  For what its worth.... - Simbo, Sun Apr 24 20:11:52 2005 image in post
>> Next Message:  That is excellent information. - Randall_Turner, Sun Apr 24 23:19:50 2005
>> Next Message:  So odd you brought up Nose Blowing -more - southernboids, Mon Apr 25 06:54:33 2005

<< Previous Message:  Ever Dealt With a RI ? Possible new method - READ (Part 1) - morgans boas, Sun Apr 24 19:46:10 2005