return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Part Three.............

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: madisonrecords at Wed Apr 27 14:07:13 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by madisonrecords ]  

Now to close. When putting all of these breeding strategies to the test and seeing what comes together and what does not, it is easy to see, that we are still very much in the dark about what it really takes to breed B.C.C. in high percentages and do it " CONSISTENTLY. " We have come a long way, but the code is still unbroke and NOBODY has broken it. Now, after looking at the process of ellimination, what worked and what did not, it all comes down to one possibility, ATMOSPHERE! Now, I want to bring a theory to you guys and I hope you will at least consider the possibilities or just call me mad. Why are B.C.I. more easily bred than B.C.C. and what does the Atmosphere have to do with all of this? I have been doing weather readings in the range of B.C.C. and B.C.I. for years and come up with something that I find at the very least, intrigueing. In the range of most of your B.C.C., the Barometric Pressure is always low and never even gets to 30.00 and in the range of most of your B.C.I. the Barometric Pressure wildly fluctuates, just like it does here in this country. Animals and even humans are very sensitive to Atmospheric changes and I am starting to believe, that this maybe, just maybe could be the code breaker!? When I first started researching this, I thought that the best time to breed your B.C.C. would be when you experiance the largest amount of low fronts in your particular area in the U.S. Now, I do not believe that as whole heartedly. I truly believe, that when you take a Boa from a range of constant low pressure and put it in a enviroment were it fluctuates, it just simply screws it up and this could be the very reason why, B.C.C. breeding is a hit and miss proposition, much more than B.C.I. Could it really be that simple?? Well, I know my last name is not Marzec or Henderson, but maybe, just maybe this old Hillbilly has hit it right for once. The most successfull breeders of B.C.C. seem to all have one thing in common and seem to agree on one thing inparticular and me also, each captive generation gets easier and easier to breed. F1s will be easier than their parents and F2s will be easier than their parents and so on and so forth. I believe that each generation gets a little easier because they are slowly becoming products of their own fluctuating atmospheric enviroment. B.C.I. are easier, because they do not experiance the same atmospheric stress and actually come from a range that the pressure fluctuates. Take this info as you will or do not take it at all. I am sharing it out of the goodness of my heart and if any of you want to try and start a stink and bash me, I will not give you the priveledge of a response. I hope you guys and gals enjoy and at least have it as food for thought.......GOD BLESS........Johnson Herp

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Part Three............. - SecretSReptiles, Wed Apr 27 14:19:25 2005
>> Next Message:  I'm not sure John....... - lexxxx300, Wed Apr 27 17:49:11 2005 image in post

<< Previous Message:  Part Two................ - madisonrecords, Wed Apr 27 13:40:22 2005