return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Opinions.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: ajfreptiles at Sat Apr 30 14:53:31 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ajfreptiles ]  

Good post Topnotch, but I am in agreement with Pete. It is my opinion that the Pastel trait is polygenic yes, but does not show itself in all the produced in a Pastel litter. There will be degrees of the Pastel trait as defined throughout any single litter.
As for the Pastel and Coral Albinos...If the end product shows the Coral trait...red head and red throughout body...why should it not be called a Coral?
The Pastel trait allthough refering to a lessening of black pigment...in the best specimens, the pinks and reds seem to be intensified.
When bred to into the Albino does it not make sense that the red will show through the Albino?

One more thing....You state...

Some may argue that pastel dreams albinos came from the an albino that descended from the original het that threw the corals... and that, of course, is a possibility. But make no mistake, the color came from the pastel influence... coral didnt sporadicly pop up into Jeff's albino line suddenly when he introduced pastelism to it (and to think it did would be irrational).

The Albino in my opinion is like a clear vessel. It's what you put in it that shows through. The Coral Albino in my opinion will vanish in time of breedings if the red color does not get infused back in from some other source...the Albino does not harbor its own color ...it allows color to be shown. This stuff is real hard for me to communicate. In a few years ...if all goes well, I will try and show some of this....although I admit it is only my opinion.

Take a look at a few posts earlier...FrankM posted a Red Hypo that is totally incredible...Run that animal through an albino and watch what gets produced. I have a good hunch, what would come out the other side.. How about everyone else? What do you think you would get? Andy

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Opinions..... - topnotchboas, Sat Apr 30 15:07:41 2005

<< Previous Message:  One more topic to tackle; Pastel Dreams and Coral Albinos - topnotchboas, Sat Apr 30 13:11:41 2005