return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Just an albino sibling update

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: AbsoluteApril at Tue May 3 12:04:16 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by AbsoluteApril ]  

Hi forum...
I miss having time to come here.
Anyways, some of you may remember a while back my female albino had a litter of which about 70% died in the first 8 months. Out of the 14 born, 4 survived (2 hets, 2 albinos) and those have been doing good for well over a year now. The hets are living as pets and I still hold the albinos. Check out this color difference..

This female has very very light pale coloration, she has almost no color except a very pale pink in the tail saddles but that's it. The saddles look clear. She was super pale when born and I did not expect her to live, had a huge belly when born and was a very slow starter. This is about 3 months ago right after eating:

here is a pic with flash taken last month:

You can see she still seems to always have a fat belly, but she sheds, eats, defecates normally. It sound weird but her skin seems diff. than all the other boas, almost looser and softer.. it's hard to explain, but it seems very fragile.
Took this pic at same time as one above, taken without flash...

Now, compare her with her brother who was born with lots of color...pic taken last month about 2 days after a shed.

Here is a pic taken with the flash:

Here is one taken without the flash, I love this pic..

This pic is the closest I have gotten to showing his real color, most pics make him look very pink which he is, but there is an orange tinge which I can usually never capture.

Quite a difference!

This is the mom (pic taken in 2001 when I first got her) I wonder what the babies will turn out like, I am hoping the colorful male will retain a lot of the reds/pinks and oranges.

thanks for looking, have a great one!
Time for me to work..
-April

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Salmon at Northwestern Berks Reptile Show? - jayf, Tue May 3 13:26:11 2005
<< Previous topic:  bolivian pair up... - rsweet, Tue May 3 11:40:45 2005