return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

IMHO, the best information about breeding....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: srsnakes at Sun May 29 14:03:28 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by srsnakes ]  

comes from Riobravo's site. He is very specific about all the possible outcomes and about all the ins and outs. The problem you have is that your female didnt have a POS. All the sites will state that the POS and then an average of 105 days, BUT there is no positive way to look at a snake and say oh she's gravid. only ideas and speculations. A very good friend of Steve ann I always tells us "It takes more than beautiful snakes being thrown together at the right time, its takes time and it take a heck of a lot of LUCK". The longer i am in this bussiness the truer this statement becomes. There are large breeders who have this one female that slugs out year after year but they keep trying because they are hoping for a year when LUCK is on there side. I am very sorry you sold a gravid female, and I feel even worse if they guy had a snow on the other end, BUT there isnt a positive way to look at a female and say that female will go this season.. I wish you good luck in the future and you did the right think by congradulating the new owners and feeling bad that you sold her, but i doubt there was anything you could have done better... Sorry to hear about your sad sale.

If I have learned one thing in my life time its that nothing is for sure.

Sincerley,
Rose Hipskind
-----

www.srsnakes.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Ditto on all that stuff above, and.....>> - LindaH, Sun May 29 20:03:28 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: First time breeding and ? about shedding after POS.... - Shane Kinney, Sun May 29 11:10:57 2005