return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Congrats on those hypo hets!! ...LONG! lol

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: Amanda_Burke at Tue May 31 13:36:20 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Amanda_Burke ]  

They look great! I think people always have an image of a Salmon in mind when we think Hypo, so the Nicaraguan Hypos are definitely different, but with a little refinement, I think they'll clean up really well! The T Positive Sunglows should be awesome! Also, good luck with the Motley hets... seeing pictures of the Mack's awesome T Positive Motley Argentine got me so excited about the T Positive Motley Nics because now I can imagine a little better how insane they'll look! lol

We also tried to concentrate more this year on breeding the T Positives into different morphs, so we won't have TOO many normal hets this season. Besides the Motley X T Positive, our other most exciting is a Blood X T Positive breeding. We have the female Blood on breeding loan from Derick Yagi...she's about 4 years old but still so small compared to Colombians. This is her first breeding and she's looking good. I wouldn't think she'll have that many because of her size but we're just hoping for a handful of healthy babies from her. I love each of those morphs all by themselves, so combined I think they'll be mindblowing! lol

Are you expecting any visual T Positives this year from any of the hets you produced? Seeing those baby T Positives at the bottom of the cage last year all poking their heads up like little blades of grass was such an awesome sight! I'm hoping we're as lucky this year with her litter. I hear you on the size thing...it is amazing how small some of the Nic females (and males!) can be to breed. After working with the Colombians, it's really shocking to see. We have some females that we didn't breed last year because even though they were 3 1/2 years old, they still looked so small. This year we could feel those females developing follicles even though they were still as little as last year, so we tried breeding them. They sure seem pregnant, so we'll see. But one thing is for sure...we definitely have to start changing our way of thinking when it comes to the Central Americans and get used to the fact that they just don't get as big as the Colombians! My dad and I realized that we'll be waiting to breed them until they're 20 if we think that some of them will ever be big snakes! lol The Nics are just a totally different world!

I didn't get a chance to see the T 's at NERD's table last year...I really didn't get to see anything last year because I was so busy! Naturally my dad got to, while I was stuck at the table working! lol This year, though, we're in the main room and I'm going to make sure I get to walk around at least once!

Anyway, good luck with everything else this season!
Amanda
-----
Amanda Burke
Email
Burke Reptiles Website

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Ohhhhh, I forgot.... - Jeremy Stone, Tue May 31 02:42:39 2005