return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Even stickier.............. l o n g.. yada yada yada... more -

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: southernboids at Tue Jun 14 14:06:19 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by southernboids ]  

If you have called and the breeder offered a replacement at half price then I am not sure where this leaves you.

I do not want to give too much advice because I do not think there is a standard really, it all depends on the situation.

I only put out my reply to brace you for the barrage of questions and or possible accusations of bad husbandry etc. Not that I even know you or how you keep them.. but it will come up... if not from your breeder then from everyone else that has an opinion either Pro or Con.

I know this because I had what I personally considered a bad deal a few years back.. I made my point and stood my ground. Results: I was bashed for multiple days.. I was called a cry baby, ungrateful, novice, hack and the list goes on. I was told to learn what I was doing and then come back.. over and over again I felt like I WAS THE BAD ONE!

However at the same time I STILL to this day feel I was taken advantage of and got the short end of the stick.

This is not to say DO NOTHING and just move on either. I would not be happy in your shoes either. I assume a possible super hypo is over the Grand mark too.. and that is alot of money!

Paying half for another may sound good to some.. but what if you saved for over a year.. what if you DO pay half and the other dies in 12 days... what if.. what if.

What if this is a BIG NAME breeder.. if you name names early you will have to face the wrath of the past Happy Customers. For some reason it is a common belief by some here that if you do 100 GOOD transactions that a bad one is Not Possible or should not be considered because it is only 1 out of 100. However to be that 1 that got the bad one.. is a lonely feeling.

Or even better.. I have never purchased from that breeder BUT I KNOW THEY WOULD NOT.. COULD NOT.. bla bla bla. Just people sticking their nose in where it does not belong.

Dont get me wrong.. I love this board and I am hear... daily.. hourly.. as mush as I can. But.. remember high school?? You are either popular or if you stick your head out of the sand they will try to kick you back under.

Granted there are numerous reputable breeders who have great track records, but odd things happen and it dose not mean it had to be your fault.

I am only stating my opinions here and what I have gone through in the past. I hope I am not sticking my foot in my mouth.. I mean you didnt like put it in a toaster over to keep it warm or anything.. right? If you did someting that odd or harsh then I would not expect a refund at all.. but under normal circumstances I would think they would work with you.

Now for the shoe on the other foot.... Every breeder could have a bad year if all of a sudden people started emailing saing .. HE DIED.. send another one. This is where you may have to get tests done on the animsl, send the animal back etc.

DO NOT FREEZE - put in FRIDGE if they want tests done. I found out the hard way.. yea back when I was getting blasted.. that freezing destroys the tissue enough that tests usually dont work correctly. Look at all that typing.. Maybe I really did learn something!

I sure hope this works out for you. If this is your first Boa please do not let this discourage you too bad. We all have them pass on us.. just usually not so short after we purchase.

After reading that again I think I just ranted for a while and never really put any info that you can use in an organized manner. Please email with any other questions you may have.
-----
Thanks
Shawn Morelan
www.Southernboids.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Sorry for your loss... -more - elsa, Tue Jun 14 12:07:34 2005