return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

ahhhhhhhhhhh the death issue.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: srsnakes at Tue Jun 14 19:35:30 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by srsnakes ]  

well im sorry to have to comment on this already trying time for you but i wanted to throw my .02 cents into the ring. Steve and I have been through only 2 bad deals like this. One turned out with us going to court to sue for the invested money the second was completely friendly and the buyer stood behind their animal with no questions asked. I have to agree with Shawn though, it depends on the seller. Steve and I do business the second way. We feel that if we produced an animal and we know it was feeding well has shed at least twice and was a healthy looking animal then it shouldnt have dies within 7 days, heck we have replaced snakes up to several months after purchase. It just depends on who you are dealing with. If the breeder realizes that the price of this animal isnt worth the bad reputation of not replaceing the animal then you will have a few days of "fun" ahead of you but everything usually works out. I would ask the breeder to come to an agreement on another animal.Say you would pay the shipping cost of sending a replacement animal or something along those lines, BUT if it were my animal that i produced i would have just send you the replacement of your choice and hoped that you will be happy with this animal. I think when i sell morphs i like to give the buyer the benefit of the doubt that they are investing money (sometimes lots of money) into this project they mostlikely know what they are doing and it was an animal health issue which would be my fault and my duty to replace or make right.I know this is just my opinion but if you have any other questions that you would like to run by me please feel free to email Steve or I and we will help in any way possible.

Sincerely,
Rose Hipskind
srsnakes@yahoo.com
-----

www.srsnakes.com

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  You guys know I have to stir the pot.. but I agree and disagree. - callmedaddie, Tue Jun 14 22:16:15 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: boa died 7 days after purchase, what to do? - AbsoluteApril, Tue Jun 14 12:57:35 2005