return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

You guys know I have to stir the pot.. but I agree and disagree.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: callmedaddie at Tue Jun 14 22:16:15 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by callmedaddie ]  

I have to both agree and disagree on this issue. I don't think there is a routine for these kind of issues but should be handled on a case by case basis. That is why I asked a few questions earlier about how you kept your boa and about what condition it was in when you received it. I mean, how many people have seen badly housed or malnutritioned animals at a local pet shops and how many people purchase reptiles without having a proper enclosure ready and without having a good idea of what type of enviroment the animal requires (not saying this is you, just an example)?

No one here can really begin to give you an opinion of what should happen or what might be fair unless there is information to base this opinion on.

I agree with what Shawn said earlier " I mean you didnt like put it in a toaster over to keep it warm or anything.. right? If you did someting that odd or harsh then I would not expect a refund at all". If someone contacted me and stated that their boa died after they put it in the freezer to cool down after a hot day... the under no circumstances will I offer anything. The situation may sound odd but things like this happen.

Now, if you kept your boa in exceptional condition and this boa died from an unknown reason, then the problem MAY(not HAS) of been there prior to you receiving the boa and you SHOULD(not MUST) be entitled to a full refund or replacement.

If no one wants to try and do research or try to find the reason for the loss of the animal; then maybe a medium would be the answer here BUT you may end up with the same problem.... then what?

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  ahhhhhhhhhhh the death issue..... - srsnakes, Tue Jun 14 19:35:30 2005