return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Frog . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

looking for info on solomon islands boa

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: janome at Sun Jun 19 10:03:19 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by janome ]  

i posted on the candoia forum but it's rather slow. so i want to post here....

i just purchased a solomon island gound boa..candoia carinata paulsoni is the other name on the little container.
i was told it was a female, eating f/t pinks/fuzzies very well and is about 14-16 inches. it is a nice looking snake and my first boa. (i have 5 other snakes so i'm not new to snakes).i bought this little girl because it was so neat looking and the fact that i don't have room for a normal boa that would get 6-8 foot.
i am going to find info on this boa but was wondering if anyone can tell me about them? she seems real docile with handling, at least she was at the show and when i brought her home.
the guy i bought her from gave me his little feeding record card and says it's around 2 years old...CB'03. does that sound right?? it's seem small for a 2 year old.
i set her...the seller says it's a female..up in a 10 gallon size tank with newpaper and paper towels. little water dish and a couple of hide boxes. so far so good.
do they like a heat pad? i've read they tend to stay away from them. the area of the house i have her in is around 78. thanks for any info anyone.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: looking for info on solomon islands boa - SteveM, Sun Jun 19 16:34:27 2005