return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Oct 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

A few..........more

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Boa Forum ]

Posted by: madisonrecords at Mon Jun 20 11:41:42 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by madisonrecords ]  

I have tried a few, but not all. I know years ago, that San Diego was supposed to have a B.C.C. that was right at 15ft. I never seen it in person, but some of my buddies had and they said; " By looking at her, you could tell she was pretty long, but she was also fairly lean in mass and it would be hard to tell if she was really that long without actually seeing her get measured. " In my somewhat quest and curiosity to find the largest Red Tail " B.C.C. or B.C.I. " it is length, more-so than mass that I am looking for, but over all length and mass is preferable. The problem with mass is, it is easy to power feed a Boa and create a large mass, but it is usually older and more maintained Boas, that will achieve good weight and length over a longer life span. Hobbyist can be terrible at estimating length and weight, without accurately measuring and weighing the animal on an actuall scale. I have seen tons of 10 footers that were all 8ft and tons of 50-60 pounders that were 35-40 pounds when it came down to actuall numbers. Pete Bandre " Incredible Pets " back in 97 brought in the litter of babies that everyone knows as the " Unknown Locality Line " that started Brian Abrahamsons bloodline. The female that dropped the babies in the wild was going to be brought in by Pete and Lindy Johnson, but they decided not too because of the cost at the time. According to Pete, the female was 160kilo and if my math is somewhat right, that is around 140 pounds and 14ft long! No doubt, in the far reaches of the Jungle, there are probably B.C.C. that reach close to 16ft and over 150 pounds, but these are ancient GOD grown animals that were probably crawling around since the invention of dirt. My curiosity is with captive animals that are here now and hopefully more people will get involved in this search. Through all of our disagreements, I think we can all agree, if there is a 15ft 100 pound or more Boa out there, we would all like to see at least a picture of it.........Johnson Herp

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Some other salmons - StonedReptiles, Mon Jun 20 00:11:44 2005
<< Previous topic:  Here is another shot of the speckles.... - ajfreptiles, Sun Jun 19 22:29:51 2005