return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - May 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - June 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Big Bertha Momma Waiego Update:

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Candoia (Ground) Boas ]

Posted by: Oxyrhopus at Sat Jul 2 09:49:53 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Oxyrhopus ]  

Well she has a water bowl but it is very shallow at this point and she is consistently keeping her upper body elevated and stretched out and does not coil tightly as these babies are keeping her stretched. Two nights ago I watched her wiggle or contract her sides. I guess she was moving the babies lower? I don't know but if she drops a load of dead babies, I am gonna crap my pants. The male was also humping her a lot when she was gravid so perhaps she stored his sperm? I am wondering if he was able to hump her because she was so fat and could not get away. Perhaps getting the females a bit fat on rodents will ensure the male can hold them still. By the way, the male did go off feed the first time a many months ago when he bred her. But recently when he bred, he did not go off feed? So if you ever pair yours up, be sure to watch the males feeding schedule as it might indicate he is being stimulated by the female?

Dan

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Big Bertha Momma Waiego Update: - Kevin Saunders, Sat Jul 2 11:01:20 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: Big Bertha Momma Waiego Update: - Kevin Saunders, Fri Jul 1 23:36:09 2005