return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: What is the history of the apricot pueblan?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: markg at Tue Sep 20 13:56:33 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by markg ]  

Here is some info. Hopefully someone who knows more will answer.

I saw some early "apricot" puebs from the 80s at one big-name breeder's house, and they were a far cry from what one sees today. They were products of some WC adults that had kind of a tannish-orange color to the bands. Not pretty, but different from the norm anyway.

Anyway, he said that some folks were breeding the best of the best together to try and get a more colorful orange. If that is true, then they succeeded.

I have also heard the conspiracy theory that milks from somewhere near Pueblan range (I think) were used in the making of the orange Puebs. These milks were kind of in dispute as to classification, and they had rather orange bands. But that is heresay unless someone who knows chimes in and validates.

Fun subject.

[ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  What is the history of the apricot pueblan? - russdavis, Sun Sep 18 21:31:21 2005