return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Guy Clark produced those out here on the West Coast but.................

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: snakesunlimited1 at Wed Sep 21 00:10:54 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by snakesunlimited1 ]  

Tom I wasn't trying to rain on your parade. I hope nothing but the best for you and I hope you can prove it out. It would be cool to have a pattern morph in the hondos.

In the boas yes it is from overheating the females. As far as I understand there is a science to it. The temps and duration have to be right or you end up with dead or kinked babies. Also the time period of the pregnancy in which you heat them has to be right.

I bought a gravid boa from a guy on the understanding that he gets some babies when they drop. Time comes and they are all dead and striped. I called the guy and tell him that I got a bunch of dead babies and he just said OK. About 2 days later I called him back and asked why he didn't question me at all and that is when he tells me that he overheated the female to get stripes. He said he thought he messed it up and that is why he sold her to me. He thought it was cool that they were striped, All I got was a huge mess of 42 fully formed striped dead babies and another 10-20 egg masses. It wasn't a nice thing to do but I did learn something about good deals.
Good Luck
Jason

[ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  How about a 4 eyed Anery Hondo - William_A, Mon Sep 19 20:45:55 2005
<< Previous topic:  The vanishing gene in hondurans - milki, Mon Sep 19 08:54:30 2005