return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Tom: Your post about prices on KS

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: jlambert at Sat Oct 8 17:42:18 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jlambert ]  

I will assume you are refering to the ads Jeff Alloway and I are running on KS in regards to snow prices.

First let me share with you and everyone I have invested over 15,000 in snows over the last three years. Yes, 15,000 just in snows. I produced my first snow this year and called everyone that pre-ordered with me the year beforefor one. Everyone of my pre-orders backed out. They all stated the snows are a dead end project, they have no color, no pattern etc. They would prefer to have nice tangerine albinos and apply their deposit towards them instead.

I talked with Terry Dunham about what I was experiencing and he said his orders for snows were way down from previous years.

I offered my snows to many different breaders at whole sale under the table and they all refused.

I alone know there were over 50 snows produced this year, and thats the ones I know about.

When I did Daytona this year I saw over 20 snow out on tables. Ranging in price from 1100 to 1400. At the end of the show every snow was still sitting on there table. Not one was sold.

I have discussed this situation with many well know breeders and they all say the same thing. It's the economy, the cost of fuel etc.

Others say the snows are not selling because they have no color or pattern. They added they were rare at one time and marketed very well by Terry D. thats what sold them.

But when I put a pair of Tangerine Albinos on the net for 1800 "they were really nice" plus shipping I sold both pairs in the same day-within hours I should say.

I just did the Tampa shaow and again I offered my 05 snow under the table and no one wanted them.

Terry Dunham even had a snow on his table, first time I have seen that and he left with it.

Beleive me everyone I am not happy with what is happening. I thought I was going to make my money back and then some. This has me very upset.

I am not in the hobby of raising baby snakes, when I produce them I want them gone with-in a resonable amout of time.

I think the market is changing. Everyone seems to want Ball Pythons reason, they have end-less color and patterns. This is were the market is right now color, and pattern.

Don't shoot the messenger. I don't like it either.

I will say now what I have said since Daytona - if I or anyone else is offering animals at to low of a price "Then you buy them from me and sell them" not one person has taken me up on this offer.

I offered 1 to 20 snows to a very well know breeder before I started advertising them at a lower price for $500 each. He turned me down. What does that tell you.

I am hoping that when we start producing triple homo snows it will create a demand again for snows, like when the anerys dropped and were restarted when the snows came out.

In any case I hate that this is where we are, but advertising snows for 1500 each day after day or week after week isn't working either.

If anyone would like I will send them the snakes I have for sale that are offered at what is being called a ridiculous low price and when they sell them they can pay me. Problem is they may be adults before they sell at the rate things are going.

I wish all of you the best with life and the hobby. Remember it's just a hobby, I think this investment idea is way over stated.

John Lambert

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Tom: Your post about prices on KS - Nokturnel Tom, Sat Oct 8 18:46:59 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Tom: Your post about prices on KS - davester, Sat Oct 8 18:53:40 2005 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: Tom: Your post about prices on KS - Colubrid-aphilia, Sat Oct 8 19:03:38 2005
>> Next Message:  Everything runs in cycles...... - sballard, Sat Oct 8 22:11:06 2005
>> Next Message:  Just my two cents - snakecellar, Sat Oct 8 22:49:07 2005 image in post