return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Tom: Your post about prices on KS

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: jlambert at Sat Oct 8 20:16:12 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jlambert ]  

Tom,

You might be right about posting pics of the adults. I will do it tomorrow afternoon. I do not think most people understand how beautiful an adult snow truly is. I have several adult females that have such beautiful yellow and pink and even blue tones. When I bought my breeding stock years back I knew the price would not be 1800 each as I paid but I was shocked when I saw none of them sell at Daytona. The year before there were only two snows at Daytona. Shannon Brown and Jeff Alloway bought them first day at asking price. I waited before posting my 2 female snows on KS to see what others were asking. I only saw 1 or 2 ads asking 1100 to 1400. Then I saw ads for a pair at 1350 shipped. Thats when I listed my females for around 1300 each. I did not receive a response so I ran it again and again.
After talking with some very well respected breeders whos names I will not mention they to were going to reduce the price of their snow stock in responsed to the market not buying them. They told me every show they went to they were not selling snows, ghost or even hypos unless they looked extreme. It all boils down to supply and demand. From what I have noticed at the shows every colubrid breeder now has BP's. So I think those that would have normally bought a snow for 1500 are instead buying BP's. The public seems to really prefer balls over colubrids and the dollars breeders are investing seem to be going into balls as well. I was shocked at how fast the price of hypos and ghost dropped - I have never had a ghost so don't blame me. I bought hypos for 500 over the last three years and could sell any of them. I had to whole sale them. They were nice looking big babies and I was asking just 150 for females and 125 for males, pairs were 225. I did not sell any of the 12 I produced. This was over a 5 week time period.

A response to this tread mentioned the extreme or VP Ghost. You put one of those on the classifieds for 1500 and it's gone.

So I hope everyone that is pissed understands it's not me or anyone else driving down the price on Hondurans, it's the market. The market and it's buyers dictate price not the seller. Sure you could ask 1650 for a snow but if you never sell them does that make them worth 1650?

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Tom: Your post about prices on KS - Nokturnel Tom, Sat Oct 8 20:51:23 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: Tom: Your post about prices on KS - Nokturnel Tom, Sat Oct 8 18:46:59 2005