return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Rosy Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Oct 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Oct 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

RE: Tom: Your post about prices on KS

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Milk Snake Forum ]

Posted by: Nokturnel Tom at Sat Oct 8 20:51:23 2005   [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Nokturnel Tom ]  

I understand lowering prices to a degree, it just seemed like a huge fall in a short period of time. I also agree many people are working with Ball Pythons...and do seriously wonder if many colubrid guys are throwing in the towel to work with them exclusively. I know a few who have. Now the newer Honduran morphs...the VPs and Extremes...., do you not think people will think twice about buying into those after seeing what happened to the market this year? I tried to point out that what happens off the net is obviously not for allto see...and you can price as you like, which you and everyone has every right too. I specifically mentioned the classifieds because this is where I see the problem. It seemed to start a chain reaction of blow out prices, and I have to ask why was this so neccesary? Why did it have to be in bold print day after day...saying "hey! I still have these and they are getting cheaper by the minute!". It makes me think some people were so used to making big money and making it fast that they got fed up over the course of a few weeks and said the hell with this, I want these things gone. In my opinion that is not exactly the impression I hope to see from people working with animals. You can see on here many people into snakes really get a lot out of producing them, and show thier pics with pride and if anything seem like they are happy to keep their offspring around for a while, not shove them out the door. I am sorry to hear you had lousy luck after a productive year. We compared this to the Ball market, and I can tell you the guys with patience seem to in the end get their price, or close enough too it, without taking such a huge chunk off their asking price. Like I said, it was a chain reaction, and race to see who can blow their snakes out the fastest, and you may be right. Sitting on them does no good when trying to make money, but the way this year panned out it made something that was considered rare and valuable look like a joke, and that stinks. Tom Stevens

[ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Tom: - jlambert, Sat Oct 8 21:45:12 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: Tom: Your post about prices on KS - jlambert, Sat Oct 8 20:16:12 2005